We are a go… It is time to sign up as a ham to support the 46th Marine Corp Marathon on Oct 31, 2021.
For any one interested in using their amateur radio experience in service and support of your immediate and surrounding communities, here is an excellent opportunity. On 31 OCT 21, the 46th Annual Marine Corp Marathon is being held and is always in need of amateur radio operators to provide clear and direct communications.
What we know so far:
- 14,000 runners
- No 10K run
- Course is the same as 2019.
- With the exception of Med Bravo, all of the aid stations, water point, food stops are in the same location as 2019.
- Check in will be at the site on Army-Navy drive as it has been for the last several years.
- Masks will be required.
- The all-hands training will be held on Oct 16th
- All-hands training location to be determined. It may be virtual or a combination of on-site and virtual.
- We are working on assignments.
For those who are interested, the sign up process consists of two sign up sites as follows:
The first is the ham site where we obtain/update your information and equipment. https://www.mcmham.org
The second step is to sign up with the Marine Corp Marathon web site: https://xactllc.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?id=55865
You must sign up on both sites.